Monday, May 21, 2007

I personally have some major problems with the idea that we have already seen the first 5 seals as described in the Book of Revelation chapter 6, as suggested by the author David Lowe in his book "Earthquake Resurrection".

In the book, David highlights the major differences between the seal judgments and the trumpet and bowl judgments. According to David, the five seal judgments leading up to the sixth seal should be interpreted as follows:

1. Spirit of Religious Domination in Christ’s Name (the white horse).
2. Spirit of War and Blood Shed (the red horse).
3. Spirit of Financial Oppression (the black horse).
4. Spirit of Death, Disease and Famine (the pale green (chloros) horse).
5. Persecution and Death of Believers.

I cannot justify this approach with the rest of Scripture - let me explain.

Looking at the first of these interpretations makes me question the whole basis of the subsequent interpretations of Revelation 6:1-17.

It seems that the traditional interpretation is that this is some kind of demonic being - a spirit of religion - false or otherwise (that being said, all religion is from the pit of hell - Christianity is ALL about a relationship with Jesus).

However, using the only true method of biblical interpretation which to let the Bible interpret itself, based on (i) who is talking, (ii) about what or whom (context) and (iii) to whom - audience), because:

"no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation" 2 Peter 1:20 [NKJV]),

it would appear that this interpretation is erroneous because throughout Scripture the word "white" is ALWAYS used to represent purity and holiness. Go check it out with a concordance (also look for "white horse").

The only person that this would fit within the context is the Lord Jesus - the Lamb of God that John refers to in Rev 6:1. He is riding a white horse (sign of purity, power, righteousness), has a crown, and He has conquered and is conquering and will continue to conquer - because He is already ruler over the kings of the earth.

More importantly, the ONLY other reference to person(s) on a white horse(s) in the Bible is most definitely the Lord Jesus and the Saints of the Most High - us!! This is in Revelation 19:11-15 (see the parallels to Rev 6:1-2):

"11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.

12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.

13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses

15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
[NKJV]"

Remember, the Book of Revelation is

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John,

2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near.
[NKJV]

It is NOT about the antichrist or the devil, or any other being - good or evil.

Note also, Revelation is to be blessing to those who read it - not a curse, or to frighten us.

If what David Lowe says is true, that the first 5 seals have already occurred, I would ask:

"Much of the world is actually at peace today - so how do you explain the world-wide violence required by the 2nd seal?

"When did a "quart of wheat" cost a day's wage all over the earth as required by the 3rd seal?"

"When did a quarter of the world die" as required by the 4th Seal - since my understanding is that more than 50% of the total population of the Earth that have ever lived are still alive today - the world's population having doubled within the last 80 years?

"Why does the 5th seal indicate world-wide persecution of believers? Reading the text would seem to indicate that Jesus is promising final judgement on the world, as indicated in the following verses describing the "great day of the wrath of the Lord" - the 6th seal (Rev 6:12-17).

I think that the whole basis for David's interpretation is therefore suspect, based on the incorrect interpretation concerning the 1st seal.

Maybe the first seal is actually the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy (Joel 2:28-31):

"28 “And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.

29 And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
[NKJV]

I would say that this predicts a soon coming world wide revival when God pours out His Spirit on ALL flesh just before the Rapture (not an apostasy as most people think - although I think this is a very bad transliteration of the word apostasia in 2 Thess 2:3 - I believe it more correctly translates to the "Departure" (of the Church) - which given the context of the letter to the Thessalonians, means the Rapture.

I think that we are on the verge of seeing some truly amazing moves of God around the world in the coming months and years - way beyond anything we have yet seen. I see glimpses of it already.

Just my thoughts.

John

4 comments:

A Child of the King said...

John,

I saw your post to me at my blogspot.

You don't know how much that meant to me.

I am not going to say one more word about it either. In fact, I'm sorry I did in the first place.

I did apologize, but it was not accepted. I've turned it over to the LORD. I will continue to pray for them that they will get acquainted with the Holy Spirt and the Indwelling Christ.

Thanks again for your post.

In Christ's love,

forgiven daughter said...

John,

Thank you for taking the time to come over to Child's and post. I have always respected and enjoyed your posts. I am sure you were led by the Lord to do so.

Thank you.

Your sister in Christ

Great Grany 5 said...

John, would you consider visiting my blog "Footsteps of the Messiah" and reading the postings that are the last couple of days? I don't most generally do this sort of thing but I need your input greatly and I trust your discernment in these matters. You know to get there but I really need some Spirit Filled help and discussion. Also, the subject matter should be of interest to you too.

Please pray about it and let me know.

Shalom brother,

Wilma

campsmore said...

Hi John,

I cannot remember what night it was, but last week I had the dream. First, let me preface this by telling you we are heading north for a vacation this summer. We will be spending 1 week on a mountain top starting July 22. Then we were going to camp at Letchworth State park. Our plans were to take a day trip into Niagra Falls.

In my dream a very loud voice said, "Do not go to Niagra Falls." I asked why and then suddenly I was kind of hovering over Niagra Falls. I could specifically see the land between the US and Horseshoe Falls. Suddenly the land began to crumble and fall into the crevice. It was happening so rapidly I barely had enough time to look around. But all the surrounding land was falling into the same crevice. And then I noticed the bridge began to collapse. That's when I woke up.

A week ago today, I asked my sister if she's had any unusual dreams. We have had "interesting dreams in the past." Her response was immediate. She said she had the most unusual dream about Niagra Falls, crumbling and the bridge collapsing.

Of course, in the meantime, Wilma had posted her dream.

I'm still praying, but we have canceled our trip to Letchworth and Niagra. We'll be closer to Broome County from which I hail.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me: campsmore@gmail.com

Blessings and Shalom,
Lori